Hiking in the heart of the Alps
The Unterholzhof as a perfect starting point
Enjoy the fresh air of the Pinzgau mountains and the unique alpine panorama on a leisurely or challenging hike. The Unterholzhof is the perfect starting point for numerous tours of all sorts.
A romantic path leads directly from the house to Unterbergalm, which is about two hours’ walk away, where hikers can reward themselves with a delicious alpine snack (difficulty: medium). A more challenging hike leads to the local mountain Grosse Arche. The ascent takes around four hours. There’s another tour to the Burgeck in Niedernsill right through the forest (difficulty: easy).
The Unterholzhof offers an exclusive weekly hikes for its guests. We are happy to advise you on which tour is best suited for your needs and provide you with free hiking maps.
Furthermore, guided group hikes with a hiking guide are organised twice a week.
Piesendorf is one of the official Austrian hiking villages.
Hiking tours & more
Our hiking package - weekly package
- 7 nights in the apartment with fabulous views
- Free entrance to the natural bathing lake Niedernsill with water fun park and Hinkelsteinbad
- 2 guided hikes with a certified hiking guide + hiking shuttle, pick up directly at the house
- 1 host hike (in secret pots of the Pinzgau mountains)
- Hiking poles and backpacks to use
- Hiking starting place directly in front of the house
- Hiking maps of the region
- Drying room for clothes and shoes
- For children, there is the fun and card program to participate - Tourismusverband Piesendorf, Niedernsill - information on the website of the TVB
Price: 25 € per person Minimum occupancy 2 persons, each additional person 15 € max. Occupancy 8 people
Local tax 1.15 € per person over 15 years and day excl.
On request, there is also breakfast at 6 € per person